Based on everything I'd heard about Twilight, including a basic synopsis sprinkled with some finer details (like the sparkling), I could only assume that Stephanie Meyer was yet another author who managed to squeeze out a literary turd and somehow convince a publisher that it was solid gold. Still, I had never read the book(s), only skimmed them and read a paragraph here and there, so it didn't seem fair to criticize this alleged turd without sifting through it.
This might explain my struggles with simple problems as of late…
I actually had a problem like this in my math book.
Turned out the authors thought it might be funny.
Not always, some problems are just pain free to lull you into the idea that math is safe.
I saw one of these with the subject of tacos! wtf?
Below are some links to work sheets and math related articles.
- Math Worksheets and Printables (education.com)
- Math Prodigy Shakuntala Devi, ‘The Human Computer,’ Dies at 83 (blogs.smithsonianmag.com)
- java math (daniweb.com)
- Mental Abuse To Humans… (seizedmyheart89.wordpress.com)
- Tips for the SAT Math Section (testprep.answers.com)
- “If You Can’t Do The Math, Then Get Out of The Equation” (jamiealexiahawkins.wordpress.com)
Well, I just think that perhaps she’s the one who keeps him, the King, going on. The Lionheart, the bravery that keeps him from cowering away… is he one thing that keeps him going and holds him up, her love is what keeps him going, that makes him brave, strong, a King…. She’s what he needs to be the King, his heart, his bravery, his strength, his love, none of it would be there without her… she’s always behind him whatever he does she’s always there to catch his fall, always there to keep him up and keep him strong, always there to save him, help him, keep him safe from himself.
- King and Lionheart- Of Monsters and Men (wrolfsen.wordpress.com)
- Of Monsters and Men King and Lionheart (afantasydream.wordpress.com)
- A Wild Lionheart (wildlionheart.wordpress.com)
- Song of the Week – King and Lionheart (ralphatality.wordpress.com)
- SUNDAY POST: Sentimental Value (bopaula.wordpress.com)
- Day 30/365: My Head is an Animal (livingmydaydreamsinmusic.wordpress.com)
- Of Monsters and Men | My Head is an Animal (scruffroche.wordpress.com)
So, I’m back. Contrary to rumors that I died of heartbreak I’m glad to inform you that I was only maimed. Since then I have been through a lot of ups and downs in life. Such as finding a twenty dollar bill in a shirt at Goodwill but then finding out that it was the old mans shirt from the changing room next to me… So needless to say, my life was about as steady as a teeter-totter. One day school is good another day it pours rain and I feel like I’m drowning in it. Well, you get the point anyway.
I might get to see my crush that I’ve had for four years on Saturday. The down side to that is that I’ll be skipping a math class and losing about sixty bucks to do it. This is one of those times that I dislike the feelings I have. It would be so easy to just not go see her, however i don’t think I could live with myself if I didn’t. God, why does she mean so much to me? Why do I feel the need to be, not just to impress her, but to actually be a better person? It scares me. I’m only nineteen! What did I do to deserve this? However as afraid as I am, I wouldn’t want to be with out her in my life for all the stars in the night sky or the sun in the morning.
I don’t have money for coffee to keep me awake.
I’m going to fall asleep at any time, I can see it.
Also, can it be Friday already.
Happy Thanksgiving! (Okay. Yeah, I know it’s Sunday now but I just hadn’t had a chance to tell you.)
Anyway, if you’re still around reading this now that means you have successfully battled off your food comas and have control over at least a couple of your limbs. But I’m glad that you guys still read my blog every now and then, considering the ever widening substantial expanse of time between my posts.
1. First thing you wash in the shower? My hair
2. Are you more of a coffee or alcohol drinker? Can I mix them?
3. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again? Nope!
4. Do you plan outfits? “Would I wink at me if I was wearing this?”
5. How are you feeling RIGHT now?
Like a piece of toast that’s just been popped out of the toaster.
6. Whats the closest thing to you that’s red? Definitely my bow-tie
7. What would you do if you opened your door and saw a dead body? Check to see if somebody lost one of theirs.
8. Tell me about the last dream you remember having?
Well lets just say it revolved on the idea that dinosaurs could attack zombie congressmen and Freddie Mercury could fly the Goodyear blimp.
9. Three of your current feelings? Happy, little bit frisky, and excited.
10. What are you craving right now? Some tea, Damiana to be exact.
11. Turn ons? Shorter girls, brown or red hair, freckles, smart but somewhat awkwardly nerd like, common past times, smiles that end in dimples, biting while kissing, glasses with a book on the bedside table, must spontaneous and adventurous.
12. Turn offs? Girls that make decisions based on appearance, unwillingness to learn something new, non-readers, one that makes assumptions.
13. What comes to mind when I say cabbage? Cabbage stew
14. When was the last time you cried? Last week, I really missed a friend.
15. If you could be a superhero, who would you want to be? Hancock, from the motion picture of the same name.
16. Did the one person who hurt you most in your life apologize? No, she never did.
17. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it? Depends on if it’s really my ice cream.
18. Favorite movie ever? Better Off Dead
19. Do you like like yourself? Whoa! I just like myself as a friend!
21. Could you handle being in the military? Yes, Sir!
22. What are you listening to right now? Nova Baby by The Black Keys.
23. How many countries have you visited? Just one
24. Are your parents strict? That would’ve been a under statement.
25. Would you go sky diving? I’m free this evening!
26. Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush? If I had to.
27. Whats on your mind right now? My friend Annie’s winky face.
28. Is there anything you want to say to someone?
To my sister: “My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes.”
29. Have you ever been in a castle? Nope.
30. Do you rent movies often? That’s personal…
31. Whats your zodiac sign? Virgo
32. When was the last time you had sex? Also personal…. Just kidding. lol
33. Name five facts about yourself.
I was born on the fifth. I ate a worm once. I fell off a railway bridge at sixteen. I like bacon. Ducks don’t scare me…often.
34. Ever had a near death experience? Mulipule times!
35. Do you believe in karma or predestiny? Krarma is far more likely.
36. Brown or white eggs? Are we baking or making a omlet?
37. Do you own something from Hot Topic? Yes, a belt.
38. Ever been on a train? South Shore Line into Chi-town.
39. Ever been in love? Yes! ;D
40. If you were paid 1 million dollars to spend the night in a supposed haunted house, would you do it?
Yeah, there’s no saying if the ghosts would even bother you at all.
41. If you could trade places with any person living or dead, who would you trade places with? Issac Asimov or possibly Bill Gates.
42. If you could shorten your life expectancy by 10 years to become more attractive, would you do it? Hell to the no!
43. Whom do you admire and why?
44. What was your favorite bedtime story as a child? Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss.
45. You’re walking down the street, you come across a burning building. A woman says her baby is trapped inside, what would you do? I’d ask her what room number is hers.
46. If you could choose the future profession of your son or daughter, would you?
No, it’s thier choice to make.
47. What was your best experience on drugs or alcohol? No comment
48. What was your worst experience on drugs or alcohol? No comment :’(
50. As your walking down the street you find a suitcase full of money sitting next to a parked car, would you take it? How do you know it’s full of money?!
52. In front of you are 10 pistols, 5 of which are loaded. If you survive you’d receive 100 million dollars. Would you be willing to place 1 to your head and pull the trigger?
Only if I could lift each one first to gauge the weight
53. How old were you when you lost your virginity? No comment
54. Do you believe in ghosts, werewolves or vampires? Yes to all three.
55. If you could live forever, would you want to? Yes, It’ll be fun.
56. Which fictional character most resembles who you are? Sheldon Cooper mixed with Doctor Who.
57. If you could go back in time, which time period would you visit? The Triassic Period!
58. If they were to televise a live execution, would you watch it?
Yes, and then probably be upset later.
59. If you could be the president of the USA, would you be willing to do it?
Yeah! How bad could I be considering?!
60. If you could choose the sex of your unborn child, would you want to?
No, I would love to have child regardless of their sex.
- Physics Quiz (stevengoddard.wordpress.com)
- Quiz: Black Friday Or Actual Riot? (buzzfeed.com)
- News Quiz | November 21, 2012 (learning.blogs.nytimes.com)
- A Quiz About Parenthetical Punctuation (proofandedit.wordpress.com)
- Lunchtime Quiz: Hostess Products (mentalfloss.com)
- A Quiz About Expletives (proofandedit.wordpress.com)